My reflection blog this week is
from Reno Nevada, and I will talk about how our team worked toward completing
our learning team charter. I will discuss how our team developed the charter
and my view of how it all came together.
The group started immediately
with team introductions during the second day of the course. One person started
the charter and each person took the completed charter and added their individual
inputs to the overall document. As far
as behaviors everyone was polite, respectful and very communicative about how
and when the team would provide team products. The overall behavior was very
positive, and at the same time the team is mixed with a few students that know
each other and some that are new to the group combination. The overall goal was
to define how our team would work and expectations.
Expectations
One person on the team offered an
option to dealing with problem solving and completion of tasks. Due to the
complexity of the assignments that are required as a team and by the individual,
the group agreed that all input needed to be into the team by Friday each week.
Due to the requirement of when discussion posts are required to be done and
other assignments, finding a middle ground between those two week requirements
made sense to the team. With the team being new, there is an agreement that the
team charger may need to be modified as we go along due to each person could
have constraints such as travel, or other personal engagements? The idea is to
share the lead role, and use the forward thinking concept to stay ahead and not
get behind waiting on another person.
The charter set the criteria to
outline fears from each person and an opportunity to define good alternative
methods of communication in the event the Canvas or university communication
resources are not available. The consensus is everyone is looking forward to
learning and working as a team.
Behaviors
My personal opinion about
behaviors is the team is very professional and respectful of each other’s time.
Communication started from the first week, and assignments have already been
divided for the next assignment. Our team defined which skills they are
advanced such as PowerPoint, Excel, APA formatting, Project and team building.
Team does have concerns with communication time, and plan to work well together
to create a quality product that is inclusive with the expectation of the
program.
Information Sharing
Information sharing immediately began
with a second introduction of each person. Our team charter was started by one
person and each person just picked up where the other person left off and added
their data. The originator had to reach out to a few students that did not know
the assignment was due the second week, but in the end the communication was
very positive. Our groups plan is the use the group page where communication is
centralized and available for other to discuss or help if areas where there may
be a constraint. This group really has no problem with communicating. There was
concern with time zones and a lack of communication, but each team member will
need to be available by asking questions if there is confusion or issues with completing
the assignments.
Team Building
I really think our intergroup is
in the infancy stage of team building. The charter merely had each person
identify their strengths, weaknesses, and concerns about team completion of
tasks. I think the idea of authority of power and process interventions will
develop more after our first assignment in week three. By this team we will be
able to really see how well we communicate, bond on topics, and figure out how
we can actually help one another. I
think we have just finished the meet and greet and have more to learn about
each other.
Team thoughts
I am really looking forward to
working with this team as when I reviewed our combined skills, we are all
different in our own specialty. My passion is learning and I can already see
the diversity will not alone give me opportunities to collaborate with other
skilled learners, I probably will learn something new from each of the team
mates. The good thing is all the communication is very positive, and everyone
is very respectful of each person’s comments and ideas. The group seems to be
very proactive and forward thinking and I believe our intergroup interactions
will be very successful. I am really looking forward and would expect that our
charter may need to be tweaked as we go along as I don’t think we have an idea
to troubleshoot problems, we are all just very cooperative.
No comments:
Post a Comment